Conference Information Overview
Welcome to the 2013 WNAR/IMS Annual Meeting website. This page is updated frequently, so visit often. Comments and suggestions are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM IS NOW AVAILABLE. Click on the navigation bar at the left.
Abstract submission is closed. The deadline was May 13, 2013.
Late registration is still available. However, registration for the Banquet, New Investigators Lunch and the Short Course are now closed.
WNAR/IMS is…. The WNAR/IMS Conference is an annual conference held jointly by the Western North American Region of the International Biometrics Society and the Institute of Mathematical Statistics. Meeting activities include oral presentations, poster presentations, a short course, student paper competition, society business meetings, committee meetings, social activities and networking opportunities.
The 2013 WNAR/IMS Conference will be held on the campus of the University of California Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California, and is hosted by the Department of Biostatistics in the UCLA Jonathan and Karin Fielding School of Public Health.
The conference will be held June 16-19, 2013, at Covel Commons, a conference facility located in the northern part of the UCLA campus. Lunches, the Sunday mixer and the Tuesday evening banquet will be held on Covel Commons' lovely outdoor terrace with a panoramic view of campus!
NEW!! This year we will have a contributed poster session during the Sunday evening mixer, with an award for best poster!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO…
- Conference location: The location of the conference is the Covel Commons facility located in the northern part of campus, which is a moderately long walk from Westwood Village, where most hotels, restaurants and shops are located. Bring your walking shoes and plan ahead to arrive at events on time! Public bus service is also available, on Metro Rapid Line 761; see Local Transportation. Parking is available near Covel Commons (parking fees apply). (Hey, it’s LA, everyone drives.)
- Accommodations: Hotels in the UCLA/Westwood area may be impacted on the evening of Saturday, June 15, 2013 due to UCLA commencement ceremonies, but hotels should be plentiful in other areas of town and there is plenty to see and do in the LA area! Santa Monica is a fun beach town nearby with plenty of accommodations and is a great place to stay on a Saturday night.
- March 15, 2013 :: Registration opens
- April 1, 2013 :: Deadline for invited session proposals. Contact scientific program chairs (see Key Contacts).
- May 13, 2013 :: Abstract submission deadline (including abstracts for student paper competition entries)
- May 13, 2013 :: Last day to avoid late registration fees
- May 13 - June 19, 2013 :: Late registration (increased fees apply)
- June 3, 2013 :: Deadline for student paper competition manuscript submissions
- June 16-19, 2013 :: Annual WNAR/IMS Conference
The UCLA Department of Statistics is hosting the 20th Annual Spring Research Conference (SRC) on June 20-22, 2013, immediately after the WNAR/IMS conference.
For information, visit http://www.stat.ucla.edu/~hqxu/src2013/